Saturday, February 18, 2017

Addicted to CAS #104

Ceal is our host at Addicted to CAS and she has chosen this as your cue word:
Where does the word take you?  I need some masculine cards so I made this:
First I spread ink on my woodgrain embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot on Neenah Desert Storm several times until I was satisfied with the look, then ran a dark brown pad lightly across it.  I cut a circle from the center with the die that comes with the SSS birthday sentiment. Hint: Be sure to cut the circle AFTER the embossing.  Ask me how I know. ;)  The sentiment is cut from chocolate and layered over another circle of Desert Storm.  Some may think this is not CAS but clean and simple does not mean it has to be white.

Now it's your turn to make a card incorporating wood somehow.  There's a $10 gift to Stamplorations for the winner of this challenge.  For more inspiration, check out what the rest of the Design Team has done at Addicted to CAS.



7 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the tip on cutting the circle first! Great masculine card, love the texture on the embossed background too. Thank you so mcuh for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments x

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Bobby, this looks like a real piece of wood!! Terrific card!

Barb Ghig said...

You're right, Bobby...white space doesn't have to be white :) I love your masculine design and color combo on this card, and all the texture on the background is perfect!

Susan said...

What a perfect masculine card! Love it!

Jen W. said...

Awesome! Love the depth of that wood grain!

Ellenor said...

I really love the background, it looks like real wood :)
A perfect masculine card!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Amazing!!!! I thought you used PP - you made it look real!