Saturday, October 21, 2017

Merry Monday #261

Most of the ornaments on my Christmas tree are home made and I love them.  None of them look like the ones on my card for Merry Monday.  These look more like some of the old ones that I got from my parents.
Using a set from SSS, I heat embossed the ornaments with some discontinued powders from the craft department at my local grocery store.  They're not the best but they did give that antique look that I was going for. The background looked a little plain so I stamped the stars from the CP Stamp of Approval box in Delicata Gold.  Gold thread hangs the ornaments above the My Craft Spot sentiment.

ETA:  This card won a honorable mention at Merry Monday.

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope your weekend is going well.

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful Christmas card Bobby! I like the splatters you added behind the pretty ornaments!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Absolutely darling! I love this!!!

TK said...

Beautiful! Love that starry backdrop for your glitzy ornaments!

Colleen said...

Bobby, these are stunning ornaments! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!!

Unknown said...

Stunning.. I love the embossed ornaments and the antique look you nailed it. Thank you for joining us over at Merry Monday this week.

Judy Woodland said...

They had embossing powder at your grocery store? Must have been Walmart.....or Meijer. But I have never seen it at either of those. Anyway....I love your background here, it really makes those ornaments POP!!! Great color choices too, this is just a wonderful card!

Bobby said...

It was at Meijer, Judy, but I don't think they carry it any more. It's not that great of embossing powder.

Ina G said...

Absolutely gorgeous Bobby. Love the blingy ornament colours and those gold stars finish this card off perfectly. It's a winner!

Bonnie said...

Love these "antique" ornaments, Bobby! The gold stars make this card extra pretty!

Anita in France said...

Shimmery, sparkly baubles, Bobby ... with a yummy retro twist ... they're fabulous set amidst all those gold stars! Fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Sarah G said...

This is utterly gorgeous, Bobby! Love the embossed baubles and the gold stars behind add to the luxurious effect. A beautiful festive design :)