Saturday, March 24, 2018

Just Us Girls #433

I get to be your host this week at Just Us Girls and I have a photo for your inspiration.
I chose this because it's close to Easter and this reminded me not only of Easter but of a beautiful Spring day.  That means you have a lot to choose from to inspire your card.  I did a mixture of a couple of images.
I started with the Altenew flowers that I watercolored with Distress Ink and fussy cut.  I also wanted to incorporate some eggs so I watercolored a die cut from PTI.  They needed a frame so I used an Altenew die to cut some cream cardstock (like the vase in the photo), layered it up and ran it through an impression plate.  The sentiment is from Jillian Vance.

I hope there is something in this photo that inspires you to make a card for this week's challenge.  Please check out what the Design Team and our guest designer Stef Perry have made.  If you are chosen Chic of the Week, you could be our guest in May.

15 comments:

Hannelie said...

This is so beautiful Bobby!

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty Easter card, Bobby! Love the soft pink flowers and pastel eggs!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like those pretty little flowers! This is marvelous Bobby!

Ina G said...

Simple sweet and in such lovely soft pastel coloured flowers and eggs Bobby. Love how you framed them. Fabulous photo with so many possibilities.

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful with a real sense of Spring with those flowers.
xx Karen

Stef Perry said...

Bobby, your watercoloring is just exquisite! I love the soft colors you achieved for the flowers and tucking the eggs into your spray was a delightful and fun idea!

Macimbalo said...

So pretty - soft and perfect for an Easter card!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your framing of flowers is so pretty! Awesome Easter card~

Lisa Kind said...

Love how you nestled those Easter eggs in with the flowers! Such a pretty card! Great photo choice this week too!

Anita in France said...

What a lovely Easter cascade, Bobby ... your watercolouring is just gorgeous on those blooms ... so very pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

Nancy said...

This is really gorgeous Bobby! Your fussy cutting is perfection and I love the added frame too! Terrific job with the photo this week, you nailed it!

cm said...

Beautiful floral-and-eggs arrangement, Bobby! Setting them as part of the frame decor adds to the overall impact, that being: WOW!
Hugs~c

Jacquie Southas said...

This is so lovely, Bobby! Gorgeous flowers with the eggs tucked in so perfectly!

Loll said...

Gorgeous colouring on your beautiful flower spray, Bobby! Love it with the pretty frame. I'm away right now ... otherwise I would play along. Great images for your challenge! xx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! Your coloring on the flowers and eggs is perfection and I love how you adorned the frame with them.