Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Red, White and........Purple?

Believe it or not, I don't have any red and blue paper.  I have lot's of plain red and white, of course, but no blue or prints containing those colors.  So my solution is to post my red, white and purple "Red Hatter" birthday card.

The hat is from Kate's ABC and I bought that cartridge because it has several hats on it that I can use for the next few years.  The card is an A2 size, cut from red cardstock with the sentiment printed from my computer..  The background is white cut 4 x 4 1/2 and embossed with the Damask cuttlebug folder.  The bottom layer of the hat is cut from purple as is the middle layer of the flower.  The hat is from the same red as the card.  The bottom layer of flower is the leaves cut in green, and the top is a lighter purple.  I didn't want the center of the flowers to be green so I punched some gold with a regular paper punch and glued them on between the green and purple layer.  I added a strip of purple ribbon at the botton of the white to add a little more purple and some shine.  I send the cards anonymously but those who know me well have probably figured out it's me, the litlle old cardmaker.

No comments: