Saturday, August 27, 2011

Another Birthday

Today is my youngest son's birthday, although he's not so young anymore.  A lot of bloggers say how difficult it is for them to do masculine cards.  I don't find it difficult at all, which is good since I have three sons.  I guess I'm just not a "blingy" girl and try to keep things simple so it suits cards for men.  This is the one I did for my son.


It's not very fancy.  I glued an old dictionary page to a tag and then inked the edges.  The Happy Birthday was cut from MS Elegant Cake.  Even though the dot said it should be cut at 5" tall, I cut it at 2" and it was the perfect size.  I cut it from the same rust paper that I used under the stripe from DCWV's Amber Autumn.  I added three different ribbons/strings and pop dotted the tag. 

I plan to do some more challenges and I want to give a shout out to Cheryl at http://cardsbycg.blogspot.com.  She sent me her list of challenges by day and told me how to list them on my page for reference.  She also does wonderfully creative work.  Please check out her blog.

1 comment:

JustYolie said...

I struggle with them too. I need to make a card for my Dad's birthday, coming up soon...thank you for the inspiration..:)