Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Friend Card

I'm finally back at it again.  Personal matters have kept me from cardmaking and posting but things have settled down some and I can get back to doing the things I love.  I will be busy next week cleaning out and repairing my parents house with 3 of my brothers and my sister, so I won't be able to do any crafting which means I need to get my card making done ahead.  Since 3 of my children have August birthdays, I had to do that anyway, plus I want to continue to enter FCCB challenges and today's card is one for there.

The challenge this week is to make a friend card.  I love the saying "If friends were flowers, I'd pick you" and based my card on that.

This is what I call a Monarch card since the size is 7" by 3 1/2".  I have my computer set to print sentiments on different size papers, and so I printed the inside sentiment on a 7 x 7 piece of white cardstock.  The green polka dot from PTI's Bitty Dot stack is cut 7" x 3 1/2".  The white middle portion was printed on the computer and then border punched.  The flowers are from Kate's ABC - all layers cut except for the center dot which is cut with a hole punch  The large flower is is cut at 3" and the other two at 2 1/2".  The paper is from a strip stack of Coredinations ColorCore, except the green which was a scrap.  I did not make the green layer for the bottom flower since I did not need the extra stem.  I like simple and this is typical of the cards I like to do.

5 comments:

Larelyn said...

Oh, I love the shape and size of this card. It is really a sweet card. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.
Hugs,

Amy said...

Beautiful card! I love the delicate looking flowers. Thanks for playing with us at FCCB this week! :)Amy A
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Carissa said...

A very elegant card. Love all the layers from the flower cut. Thanks for crafting with us at FCCB. We hope to see you again.

Carissa
www.happilyeverpapercrafter.blogspot.com

Maquel said...

Beautiful card! I love the flower cuts! Great job!

Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

Maquel
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

BugBites said...

Such a lovely card. TFS with us at FCCB.