Sunday, August 14, 2011

Using up paper

A lot has been going on this past week.  I did get to post some cards I'd made previously and will have to do the same today.  I have Girls' Week, even though it will be only 2 days this year, with my mother, daughter, daughter-in-law and 4 of my granddaughters on Monday and Tuesday.  After they leave on Wednesday, I have to get ready for my class reunion on Saturday.  That means no new cards until next week unless I can sneak one in.  I did have to miss the FCCB challenge this week and I had a real good idea for a bug card.  Oh well.

This card uses up the printed portion of a paper from the Amber Autumn stack by DCWV.  I had used the unprinted part of the paper for another card because it was the color I needed.  Not one to waste paper, I came up with this.
The printed paper is matted with 2 colors from the leaves.  Then I cut out the leaves from one of those colors using Accent Essentials and popped the top one up with dimensionals.  I printed the sentiment on my computer and punched it out with a 1 1/2" punch.  I rubbed some distress inks over it to give it some leaf color. 

I have a new tool in my craft room but I haven't even had time to check it out.  I'll let you in on it at the end of the week.  Can  you  guess?

1 comment:

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Hi Bobby, You left a comment on my blog about how I keep track of all the challenges. I have a page on my blog listing my most favorite challenges (by the day of the week) and I keep a weekly calendar that I write the current challenge themes in. When I have time to be creative, I'll hit the notebook an see what I can create that fits the most challenges. I find it super helpful. If you'd like to check out my challenge list, I'll include the link.

Thanks for stopping by CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

http://cardsbycg.blogspot.com/p/looking-for-inspiration.html