Saturday, September 10, 2011

Anniversary card #1

Yesterday was my son's anniversary and today is my daughter's.  It was just coincidence that they are twins and got married a day apart - and a few years, thank goodness.  I made entirely different styles of cards for them.  I'll show one today and one tomorrow.


This is another Monarch card (3 1/2 by 7).  The card base is cream, with a tan cardstock layer and then a printed cream and tan, each 1/4" smaller than the next.  The photo makes the top layer look almost blue but it's not.  There was an all over design of round flower heads printed in white on light tan, almost lacy looking. It reminded me of their wedding colors.  Using Straight from the Nest, I cut the blackout version of the birds from cream and the top layer from the tan.  I only glued the main body together so there would be some dimension.  There is added dimension with the foam mounts. 

There were 3 holes on the bird's body and I filled 2 on each with varying sizes of tanish pearls.  I wasn't sure about how to do the sentiment and it ended up this way as a mistake.  I printed the sentiment on the computer but didn't leave enough space around it.  I didn't realize this when I ran it through the Cuttlebug with a Nestability oval die.  This is the shape that came out and it seemed to fit so I hand cut the tan to go under it.  There are no mistakes, just happy accidents. :)

I only had time to enter one challenge this week.  I'm hoping that this next week is easier and I can get to my paper stash more often.  My Cricut Design Studio is still not working and I miss it.  I would like to do some shaped cards and need DS to weld.  At least I have my new Expression.  I can do more things with it than my personal Cricut (I love how the actual cut shows on the screen) and so I'll plug along.  Maybe one more phone call will resolve the CDS issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment