Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Belated Birthday

I try very hard not to forget anyones birthday but sometimes time just gets away from me.  When I was buying cards, I'd get them well ahead of time and then forget about them.  Then someone would mention the day's date and I'd say "Oh, no, I forgot to send ______'s card."  Now that I'm making all my cards, I still need a few belated ones just in case.  This is my latest.  It's for the Birthday Sundaes challenge.


The background paper is from PTI's hodge podge 8 x 8 stack.  The atomizer is cut from the Paisley cartridge.  Layer 1 is from a gold colored cardstock, the second from plain white, embossed with the Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder, and the third (the sprayer) is from a scrap of silver paper.  I also embossed the bulb. 

Here is what the sentiment says.  Cute, huh?  I just love puns.  I printed it on the computer in blue ink and cut the "spray" out by hand.  Add a little inking and it's done.  It took me longer to come up with the idea than to make the card.  Isn't that the way sometimes?

3 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Thought I'd let you know that your link entry into the MAG challenge is pointing to your blog and not the blog post. What you need to do is bring up the post with the Wild Card entry, point your cursor at the front of the link, highlight the entire link, copy the link & then go to the MAG challenge & copy this into the linky URL spot. You will need for someone at MAG to delete your previous entry so you can make the correction.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

What a cute card!! What a great sentiment with that cut!! :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Very clever! I love the sentiment and image - so perfect! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Birthday Sundaes! :)