Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Only a Quilt Today

I haven't been on in a while to post any cards since I'm waiting to see if any of the ones I made before I headed south will qualify for a couple of challenges.   There are a couple of "Anything Goes" this week but I want to wait until after the Friday challenges to see how many I can enter.  In the meantime, I thought I'd show one of my quilts.

I made this one for my son for Christmas a year ago.  I made him a blue log cabin quilt a long time ago, when I first started quilting, and he loved it to shreds - literally .  I even redid part of it since I still had some of the fabric, but it wasn't going to last much longer so I thought it was time for a new one.  Since he is a Michigan State graduate and a big fan, I decided to do this new one in green and white.  I think there are 10 or 12 different green fabrics and almost as many whites and off-whites. 

The inspiration for the pattern came from a quilt I saw at a quilt show in Robertsdale, Alabama in 2009.  They have a wonderful quilt show at the Robertsdale United Methodist Church every other year and I love going.  I can't wait for the next one in 2013.

I do not do the quilting on them, only the piecing.  I have a wonderful long-arm quilter who does all my quilts and I've never been disappointed in the designs she produces.  Here is a close-up of the quilting.



I hope you enjoyed a glance into my other world of Bits and Pieces, this time in fabric. 

2 comments:

Kate said...

"Only" a quilt?! This is AMAZING Bobby!! What a fabulous quilt - especially as it's green (my favourite colour)!! My sister-in-law makes a lot of quilts and it's a craft that truly awes me. Good for you!!

Kate said...

Back again to offer my congratulations! You won a $10 gift certificate to My Craft Spot on my blog!! Yippee!! Please email me your information so I can arrange to get the gift certificate to you.
Congratulations!!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper
smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]