Friday, January 6, 2012

Texture Makes a Difference

Here's the card I was working on yesterday.  It is made following this week's sketch at Mojo Monday.

All the paper is from a stack called B-day Bash by Imaginisce except for the plain blue. 



The card is 5 1/8" by 7" and is for my granddaughter's 13th birthday.  If you count the candles, there are 13 of them and the alphabet dots are her initials.  At first the blue piece was plain but as you can see in the finished card, I ended up embossing it with Swiss Dots.

 










On the left is a close up of the area on the finished card, and on the right is what it looked like before the embossing.  A world of difference, don't  you think?

Now if someone could tell me how to put the pictures in line, I'd appreciate it.   I wanted to see them side by side for comparison and this is as close as I could get them.  I originally wrote between them but that didn't show up in the blog preview.  I guess I still have a lot to learn about posting and design.

No comments: