Monday, April 16, 2012

Heber's Birthday

My how time gets away from you.  I have had this card done for the Freshly Made challenge but had others with earlier deadlines.  Lucky for me FM is Pacific Time because when I looked at my clock a minute ago, it was 12:15 here in Michigan.  Here's what I made for a friend's birthday following this Freshly Made sketch.


I had this masculine stripe that was two-sided so I put the back side rust  for the strip and cut the coggy looking parts from my new Elegant Edges cart. I used dark brown and grey, embossing the grey with my new Clockworks Cuttlebug folder.  It's a 5 x 7 folder and I put the big clock in the center of my cut.  The sentiment was printed on the computer but I didn't like the white paper so I inked it with Black Soot Distress Ink, put it on a piece of the grey and popped it up.

Now I"ve made both deadlines, the Freshly Made challenge and Heber's birthday.  Whew!


3 comments:

Kate said...

This is such a fabulous design! I love the way you used Elegant Edges for this and it looks as though the embossing folder was meant to be used with this cut!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Great card! I love the embossed clockwork. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lesley said...

This is terrific! Lovely paper embossing. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!