Monday, April 16, 2012

Heber's Birthday

My how time gets away from you.  I have had this card done for the Freshly Made challenge but had others with earlier deadlines.  Lucky for me FM is Pacific Time because when I looked at my clock a minute ago, it was 12:15 here in Michigan.  Here's what I made for a friend's birthday following this Freshly Made sketch.


I had this masculine stripe that was two-sided so I put the back side rust  for the strip and cut the coggy looking parts from my new Elegant Edges cart. I used dark brown and grey, embossing the grey with my new Clockworks Cuttlebug folder.  It's a 5 x 7 folder and I put the big clock in the center of my cut.  The sentiment was printed on the computer but I didn't like the white paper so I inked it with Black Soot Distress Ink, put it on a piece of the grey and popped it up.

Now I"ve made both deadlines, the Freshly Made challenge and Heber's birthday.  Whew!


3 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous design! I love the way you used Elegant Edges for this and it looks as though the embossing folder was meant to be used with this cut!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the embossed clockwork. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific! Lovely paper embossing. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete