Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What a Pair!

A pair of challenges and a pair of cards.  And a couple of pears on the cards.  Yay!

The challenges are:
CAS-ual Fridays - Opposites Attract - use colors opposite on the color wheel
My Craft Spot  - Make it Pop!  - use dimensionals.

Card 1:

This is a yellow and purple combination.  The pears were cut from the Preserves cartridge and inked with Mustard Seed Distress Ink.  The sentiment was computer generated and also inked.  The background was embossed with the Floral Screen Cuttlebug folder.  Both pears are popped up, with the right one using thicker dimensionals to set it above the other.

Card 2:


This card is green and fushia, using the same cuts and inked with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink.  The background paper is from K and Company - The Best of Brenda Walton. 

I'm the kind of creative person that doesn't like to do the same thing twice, or at least the same way twice.  This way I got to do the same card but with different colors.  I think I may do most of my cards like this in the future.  That way I'll have a bigger stash. ^_^

7 comments:

Chasn Paper said...

Cute cards, Bobby! I love the idea of changing up the colors and adding to your stash!

Kate said...

What super cards! The embossing is a fabulous touch - as is the dimension! Switching up the colours really does change the look of the cards.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele Gross said...

Great cards! I love your pears :) Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Darling!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Jayne said...

Wonderful cards Bobby.Love the colour combinations and fabulous dimension.Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot this week.
Jayne x

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Super fun and dimensional!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad that you did!!