Monday, May 14, 2012

Feathered Friends

The minute I saw the challenge at CASual Fridays I knew what bird image I wanted to use.  This one is from the Straight From the Nest cartridge and it's both simple and fancy.



I layered a 4 by 5 1/4 blue paper on my white card base.  Then I cut a layer 3 3/4 by 5 that I embossed with the houndtooth embossing folder, rounded the corners and popped up on dimensionals.  The bird is cut from Straight from the Nest from a DCWV glitter stack.  It's hard to see the shine of the paper in this picture but it does.  The paper is rather thick but it cut like a dream.  I added some bling in several sizes and colors of blue and lilac.  You can see the bling better in this photo. 



It looks a lot better in real life.  I'm sorry I can't seem to get the photos to come out better, even though I made a white box and adjust the exposure in an editing program.   Some things are just better in person.

1 comment:

Debby said...

Great addition of some bling to highlight the feathers! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)