Wednesday, June 27, 2012

In a Pickle?

Okay, I admit it.  I like to do things differently.  When the Fantabulous Cricut made their challenge "BBQ Time", a lot of people made hot dogs or hamburgers.  Not me.  lol  Here's my card.


The minute I saw the pickle on "Just Because Cards" I knew that was my card.  You do eat pickles at a BBQ, right?  This card is 3 1/2 by 7.  I cut the bottom layer of the pickle in a darker green and the top in a lighter Core-dinations cardstock.  I dry embossed it with the Swiss Dots folder, sanded and then inked with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  Sanding first made the green ink show up more. 

I printed the sentiment on the computer, then cut a piece of green print paper (from a Recollections stack, I believe) to fit just inside it.  I layered on a piece of white cardstock and popped up the pickle on it.  Yum!

I am also entering this in Paper Playtime's "Anything Goes plus Sentiment".

3 comments:

Megan said...

What a clever sentiment! Love the argyle paper and embossing on the pickle! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

Julie said...

That is too funny and sooo cute! I hope you stop by my challenge at www.cricutchirp.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Funny and cute all at once. You should see my great niece and nephews (ages 5, 3 and 1) devour pickles, not only at bbq's but anytime. Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week.