Monday, June 4, 2012

School Time

I got a new punch from Fiskars and was anxious to use it on a card.  I thought maybe the sketch from Freshly Made might be the answer.


When I saw the "any shape", it conjured up more ideas - and a card was born.


The card base is kraft cardstock.  The new notebook punch was used on a lined paper from Lost and Found by MME.  The chalkboard paper was something I had in my stash.  I now wish I had cut it square but I tend to stick to the actual sketch, much to my creative detriment.  And what better for a school theme than a pencil that was cut from Simply Charmed.  I made it red to coordinate with the lines in the paper.  It was looking a little plain so I did some pen stitching around the edge.  I like the overall idea buy may tweek it a little for another card.


1 comment:

Jen Timko said...

This is such a great card! I love that chalkboard paper and the pencil is perfect. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!