Sunday, July 15, 2012

Two Sun Days, part 2

Two challenges had "sun" as their theme this week, both very different and both new challenges for me.  See the previous post for the CASology challenge.  This one is for Cricut Chirp - a smiling, sparkling sun.


The background paper is from a photo stack by DCWV.  I cut the sun from Life is a Beach.  It has a face already on it but I didn't want that so I hid the contours with Design Studio.  That wasn't going to allow me to "shine up" the rays so I cut a circle from George to fit over it.  The face is stamped in Dried Marigold Distress Ink with a Peachy Keen stamp.  I ran the rays through my Xyron upside down and then pushed glitter into the sticky side.  I didn't realize how sharp that glitter is.  Ouch!  I kept feeling sharp pieces in my fingers all day.  

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love your sparkling sun! I have used that glitter technique before. If you have a Cuttlebug you can sqush glitter on with just the flat plates and some chipboard. Thank s for joining the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com