Thursday, August 23, 2012

Look what I found

I said I have been doing some rearranging and organizing in my craft room.  Yesterday I put some packaged photos in a photo box in order.  In the closet there were a couple of other boxes of old photos that need to be scanned but I decided to put them in the box with the others.  When I took the boxes out, guess what I found?


Two gate fold cards that I made who knows how long ago.  I must have put them there to put pressure on the cards to keep the gates closed.  I can see by the lines on the star that these were PC (preCricut) so that IS a long time ago.  I've learned a LOT since then.

My challenge card for today is for Less is More.  The theme is tearing.


I took a piece of cream cardstock and stamped the background with a Tim Holts grunge stamp in black.  The image, torn around the edges is from an old book by Balzac.  It's in French and I bought it for a quarter at a book sale, intending to use the word pages.  There are a few illustrations in it and I thought this one would work for the card using the "Thinking of You" stamped sentiment.  Who knew grunge and Balzac could work together. lol


5 comments:

Maribel said...

Precious cards,

Darnell said...

What a fun find! Your card is great, and good job with the tearing, Bobby. That reminds me of the 70s style of burning the torn edges of invitations or pictures and decopaging. (Eek, showing my age again!)

Mandi said...

Super card Bobby
However we do lik to see `white space on our crds]Hope to see you again
mandi
Less is More

Dotty Jo said...

Very different but all very stylish - great work! Jo x

Chrissie said...

Many apologies for the tardiness of my visit this week, a cruise to Norway intervened somewhat!
Thanks for your lovely submission.
Chrissie
"Less is More"