Saturday, September 29, 2012

Aarrggghhh!

That's the sound of frustration!  I had my blog all typed - first in a month - and my wifi went out and didn't save it.  I did save part of it so I can just paste it here but after I made the card, I found out the blog challenge I made it for was closed.  I guess it doesn't pay to take a break  lol

Here's the part I saved.  I'll repost the picture of the card and how I made it, but not the challenge part.

It's actually been a month since I've posted. How time flies!

First came Labor Day weekend when we were all at the lake to take in the dock and close down the cottage. When I got home, I had to alter a dress for my granddaughter for her homecoming dance. She found just what she wanted in a size too big. It's a good thing I am a seamstress.

On September 14, a group of us from the church left for the Crow Creek Indian Reservation in South Dakota to work on a Habitat for Humanity house. We toured the badlands, worked hard, learned more about Native Americans and enjoyed each others company. There were 22 of us in all and we got more done on the house than the director thought we would. It still needs more work before the family can move in but their target date is October 21.

It's taken me a week to work out the sore muscles and catch up on my sleep but I'm ready to get back to my paper crafting. I have a lot of pictures to scrap but the first thing I did was make this card for the 50th Anniversary of one of the couples on the trip.


I used Twinkle Toes to cut the scallop and oval and Sophisticated for the numbers.  The mat and numbers are cut from gold metallic paper and popped up on foam.  The card base is embossed with houndstooth and the oval with hearts.  (Just so you know, the challenge was a pick three former challenges which explains so many different things going on.)

I'd better get busy now since I have a great idea for a challenge that closes tomorrow.  See you then.

No comments: