Sunday, December 2, 2012

Advent Begins

Today is the first Sunday in Advent, the beginning of the Christmas season in the Christian church.  The church will be festively decorated this morning with greens,  trees, wreaths, bows and candles.

And so begins the Holiday Wishes, which is the theme for the Fantabulous Cricut challenge this week.


The snowglobe is from the Christmas Cheer cartridge.  I cut the globe part from photo paper (saves having to use Glossy Accents to make it shine and it's smooth), embossed it with Swiss Dots on the reverse side, then inked it with Weathered Wood Distress Ink, which left the dots white.  Clever huh?  I added Believe in the middle with a stamp from My Craft Spot.  I love plaid paper for the season so that became my background.  

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Fantastic card I love the snow globe. Caroline xxx

Missy said...

Oh wow, very pretty snow globe, and great idea using the photo paper!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

Migdalia said...

A wonderful card!
Adorable Snow globe!
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Migdalia

Kate said...

This looks fabulous! I love the inverted embossing, Bobby!

Our church looked amazing this morning. I joked that I had "urn envy"! I hope that you were as delighted with your church's decorations for the first Sunday of Advent.