Saturday, April 13, 2013

MCS #94, PP #7 and CASology

Yay!  The sun just came out.  This has been quite a day, weather wise.  There was a little snow, then a blizzard and now the sun is shining.  Like they always say in Michigan (and a number of other states I've heard), if you don't like the weather, wait a minute. We've had some flooding in the area, too, with streets and schools closed in a nearby town.

I have two cards to post today to make sure I beat the challenge deadline.  I hope the challengers don't mind me combining them both  in one post, but the positive side is more people get to see my work. :)

(My gadget on the side is in the way of my post so I moved it down.)





First up is My Craft Spot #94 - Cute Critters and Paper Playtime #7- use a pun.  I made this card for a young girl from our church who has been hospitalized for a while and has now be diagnosed with Lupus.


The dog is cut from Doodlecharms.  The sentiment is from the computer and cut with my new frame cuts from Hero Arts.  

My second card is for CASology.


I knew I didn't want to do the obvious with this cue so I went in an entirely different direction but one that still holds true to travel..


The cut is from A Child's Year, with the sentiment printed on the computer.  I inked the edges of the top layer, cut 1/2 inch smaller than the base card, and popped it up on foam tape.  You can go anywhere you want  through books

Since I've been typing this post, it has snowed again and the sun is now shining.  Talk about schizophrenic.  

Thanks for stopping by to see my cards.  Comment if you please, and have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an clever and unique take on the cue word, Bobby!

Judy1223 said...

Bobby, I love the silhouette of the child reading and the Dr. Seuss quote...so true, books can take you anywhere you want to go! (I also can't believe how many times the weather changed so drastically while you wrote your blog post!) Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Clever cards, Bobby, I particularly love the silhouette ... such an original take on the cue card and so completely true ... we travel so far in books! Anita :)

joy said...

Hi, Bobby! I love this card; perfect for this challenge. I have loved reading books since I was able to read!

GiGi said...

What a fabulous card! I love the CAS style with that fun dog. The sentiment bubble is such a fun touch too! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Meghan said...

A beautiful silhouette for your travel card! The sentiment is perfect for this week's cue card! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

Great cards Bobby - did I sell my Cricut too soon?! Love the silhouette and the sentiment on your travel card - clever non-literal interpretation! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

That's my favourite way to travel! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

wonderful set of cards, bobby! the first one is sure to make the recipient smile and your CASology card is pretty amazing... love the silhouette image! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Houses Built of Cards said...

So cute! LOVE his little neck tie!!! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

rockpapercricut said...

Bobby, your card is adorable! I'm sure this little puppy will bring a smile to your little friend from church who isn't feeling well. :) Thanks for playing along in the *Cute Critter* challenge at My Craft Spot! :)

Ally

Darnell said...

Bobby, I just saw this wonderful child w/ book silhouette card while scrolling around and I'm blown away by the wonderful simplicity of it. It is so striking. Just LOVE it!!