Monday, April 29, 2013

STB #15

There are some big changes going on over at Seize the Birthday.  A new blog design, new design team members and a new time frame for the challenge.  If you haven't tried this wonderful sketch challenge, head on over and check it out.  The sketch for this week is for a masculine card.


As I was thinking about this sketch and looking through some of my new paper pads, I came across one that inspired me.


The red paper reminded me of a bandanna and a western theme was born.  The rope is actually a Q cut from MS Seasonal out of kraft cardstock.  I drew the lines with a Zig pen and inked it with Walnut Distress Ink.  The sentiment was computer generated after I measures exactly where the rope would go.  The strip is some patent leather alligator(?) that looked like an expensive pair of cowboy boots to me.  The badge is from Create a Critter cut from silver paper and popped up on foam tape.  This turned out so cute IMO.

I hope you have a wonderful day.  Thanks for stopping by to visit.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your western theme BD card.

Nancy said...

YEE....HA! Who doesn't love country! What a great masculine card...I have been wanting to play along with Seize the Birthday...but haven't had a chance to yet! Need to do that soon!
IMO it's wonderful too!

Rose said...

oh i love the bandanna paper!!! Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday this week.