Friday, May 3, 2013

Retro Sketches #61

I've been taking the online His and Hers class this week.  I so enjoyed the Pattern Play class a while ago and decided that all the ideas that these wonderful designers give you are priceless.  This class is geared a little more toward stampers. (duh what did I expect?  Kristina and Jennifer are stampers after all.)  I have very few stamps and most of those are sentiments.  I'm slowly getting more but after investing in Cricut cartridges I was hoping to forego any other paper crafting medium.  I was careful in the number and kind of cartridges I bought and am doing the same with stamps.



I sort of incorporated part of one of the classes into my card for Retro Sketches.


Christina Kowalcyzk showed how to color vellum and use it on your cards.  Lucky me, I just happen to have colored vellum to used on this card.


This was so easy to do, using just a black and white pattern paper from American Crafts' Soho Garden on a black card base.  The vellum is stamped and embossed with a sentiment from TPC Studio.  It could easily be converted to a masculine card using a different background paper and the red or other color vellum.

Thanks for stopping by to visit.  Please leave a comment so I know you were here.

1 comment:

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh yay, so glad you're taking that class! I didn't sign up this time around just because of time issues, but maybe I can pick up some tips from you : ) Already love your colored vellum card!