Monday, June 3, 2013

FM 88

I told you yesterday was going to be special.  And it was.  First came the cuddling of my almost 2 month old great grandson.  Yes, I said great.  I didn't get a picture of the two of us but here's one of him.


My granddaughter was trying to make him smile but this was as good as it got.  He's such a snuggle bunny and I can't wait until I see him again.

Then there was the 8th grade performance of Fame Jr.  I was completely blown away.  The entire cast was tremendous but my granddaughter's performance made me cry..  I knew she could dance - she's been taking  ballet since she was 4.  The singing and acting were not a complete surprise since she's been putting on plays with her sister and cousins for a long time. But to see her on stage playing a character and singing her heart out just got to me. I'd better stop or I'm going to cry again.

Now for what you came here for - my card for Freshly Made.



I flipped the sketch and made a little clipboard from Fantastic Finds.  I embossed the "clip" with silver, inked the edges with walnut Disrtess Ink, stamped the sentiment in HA pale tomato, added a strip of paper from WeRMemorykeepers, and it's done.

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the world.  I hope you have a wonderfully creative day.

8 comments:

Missy said...

You have had some terrific grandma time lately it sounds like!! Super cute card, I love the sentiment you chose!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love that clipboard! What a great accent. And congratulations on your adorable great grandson. I'm sure he'll be smiling up a storm in no time! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Happy Dance said...

Awww....What a little cutie pie! Gosh, he's enough to make your heart just melt!! And I know what you mean about watching the grandies...I have a few, and they are all mighty special. Your card is just sweet. Love that clipboard--clever use here! Great card. Bev

Teresa Kline said...

cute card, but your grandson is stealing the show in this post, adorable! Hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Joyce said...

I agree--your grandson is the cutest thing on your post--but your card is a very close second.

Narelle Farrugia said...

What a clever take on this weeks sketch by using the clipboard - I love it! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week! ps. your great grandson is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

He's gorgeous!!!

Kate said...

THIS is what I was looking for! I did know about your great-grandson (although I just remembered the grandson part) but I thought there was another on the way too... Perhaps my mind is creating relatives for you!! Anyway, I'm delighted that you were finally able to meet him. He is PRECIOUS!!! I love all the hair!

How wonderful that you were able to see your granddaughter's performance too!