Sunday, June 16, 2013

MIM #120

I was fascinated by the overlapping tutorial over at Capture the Moment's Make it Monday challenge.  You have to use at least one Papertrey Ink product on your card and since I do have some of their stamps, I decided to give it a try.  This is my first time entering their challenge.


I started with the block "happy" from Birthday Bash and stamped it with Distress Inks in Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon and Festive Berries.  I just couldn't stop there so I added a little downward arrow using PTI's Tiny Triangles, then added the "birthday" in Jenni Bowlin's Brown Sugar.  This is a 4 1/4 by 4 1/4 card.  I don't usually make this size but I was trying out the stamping technique on a scrap of white cardstock and this size seemed to fit the sentiment best.  I can see doing this in a variety of other colors - if I only had a variety of other colors.  I think blue is the only other ink I have in several shades.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog.  I hope you have a wonderful day and please come back again.

1 comment:

Helen F. said...

I really like the crisp, clean design of your card, Bobby. This would be a great to recreate with other color combos too :)