Thursday, June 6, 2013

Retro Sketch 66 & LIM 122

Here's the Retro Sketch for this week.


The big decision for me was what to put where the 4 arrows are.  I saw what appeared to be a rough edge on the background paper which made me want to do a rather rustic card.


I tore a piece of tan paper with a white core, then inked the edges with Walnut and Black Distress Ink.  I went looking for a rust colored paper so I could also enter this card into the challenge at Less is More - The color of your front door.  I liked this stripe and it reminded me of a red barn, which prompted me to add hinges as my embellishment.  I used various Distress Inks to color some photo paper, then used Fabulous Finds to cut the hinges.  Some black enamel accents marks where the nails/screws would be.  I added that particular sentiment from PTI since it looked to me like someone might have carved it into the side of the barn.

Less is More wanted you to include a picture of your front door on your post. I cheated a little and took a picture of my back door, the one we use most of the time, which is actually identical to the front one.


It doesn't look like quite the same rust as the card but it's pretty close.  That's my Mother's Day plant hanging in front of it.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Please come again.

5 comments:

Happy Dance said...

How very clever to use hinges! I would have never thought of that!! This is a great card modeled after a fun front door. I skipped this one, as my door is brown and plain. : ) Bev

Chrissie said...

This looks simply terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Joyce said...

What a fun card. It was interesting to hear your thought process. I love those hinges you settled on.

Unknown said...

Those hinges look amazing!! I would have never guessed they were paper!! Beautiful job!!

Jen Nelson said...

I'm really sorry for my late visit.. just wanted to pop over and say Hi
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"