Wednesday, November 13, 2013

PP #171 and HCW

Happy Mid-week Day!  The sun is shining here which makes the 32 degrees more bearable.  It should put me in the mood for holiday cards, don't you think?  First up is Thanksgiving and my card for The Paper Players.



I cut the slider from Straight from the Nest in brown,  then hid the outside lines and cut a leaf from orange to inlay.  A band of gold threads through and wraps around the plaid, from an old dsp.


I am taking the Holiday Card Workshop with Kristina Werner, Jennifer McGuire and others.  The first lesson was about decorating the inside as well as the outside of your card.  I tried the striped paper die cut as shown by Joy Taylor.


Two things, the color variation in my papers may not be enough (the bottom two really don't show differently in the photo) and I didn't listen well enough when Joy said to be sure to use a LOT of adhesive on the paper strips.  I had a couple of pieces fall off and had to glue them down.  The snowflake is cut with my Cricut and embossed with sparkle powder.


Here's the inside with the positive cut from PTI's "Joy" and one of the sentiments that go with it.  I can't wait to see what today's class offers.  If you have never taken one of these online card classes, give them a try.  I know you'll love it and will learn so much from some super talented crafters.

Thanks for stopping by to visit.   I wish peace, love and joy to you and yours.


4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Lovely cards...I love your pretty leaf on the first one! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

Joyce said...

Both are great. I really like how you used the negative and positive die cut on the second card.

jaydee said...

Both great cards. Isn't the class fabulous :-) Love the way you focused the attention on the fall leaf for the Paper Players cards. So glad you joined us this week
Jaydee

Kate said...

Wonderful cards, Bobby! The inking is fabulous on your leaf and I love the elegance of your joy card.