Tuesday, January 7, 2014

CTS #58, CF #125 and My Story II

For those of you just wanting to see my card, scroll down.
____________________________

I left off yesterday with beginning my blog in 2011 in order to enter challenges.  Even though I saw a lot of stamping going on, I told myself I was NOT going to get into stamping and generated all my sentiments on the computer.  That is until the day I saw someone curve the sentiment on their card and I wanted to be able to do that.  I told myself I would only buy sentiment stamps and bought my first ones in the spring of 2012.  I won a few stamps from challenges I entered  and kept to my resolution to buy only sentiment stamps.  I was satisfied with that until I won a $75 gift certificate to PaperTrey Ink during one of their new release blogs.

 Well, the monster was unleashed.  Just an itty bitty monster, though, because I still have very few image stamps and have no desire to accumulate more.  (Haha I hear you all saying).  Of course, along with stamps comes dies and I just HAD to get some of them.  To date I have abut 50 DVD cases with stamp sets and dies in them.  I did order some more cases for a few new things I bought, not counting the things I'll buy with my Simon Says Stamp gift certificate from my son.  Why do they tempt us by coming out with new things all the time?

What does this have to do with my 13 paper pad order?  I'm getting to that.  Remember I said I made mistakes along the way?  One of them was to buy 12 x 12 paper.  (head butt).  I've gone through some of my stacks and gotten rid of a lot of it but I was lacking Christmas and Valentines paper and thus the order.  

Part three tomorrow if you can stand it. ;)

___________________________________

CASual Fridays has a different take on a challenge this week. Instead of resolutions, they want you to take a word that describes what you hope for the new year.


I picked something quite different.


This is not a card I would send to anyone but I want it as a reminder to send cards to people.  I'm very good about sending birthday cards but I hear about people having health issues or going through difficult times and I think about sending a card and then don't.  I do send cards to the homebound people from the church but not often enough.  What am I saving them for? 

To make this card I used the sketch from CASE This Sketch.


Thank you for your visit.  I hope you remember to send cards to those who could use a little cheer.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

I love hearing about your journey on your blog Bobby! I still have a bit of 12x12 paper, but am with you on the 6x6 paper instead! And...sentiment stamps...oh my...love them! I think we could all start a crafter's anonymous group! And...your word is perfect!

Jen W. said...

A perfect word choice for the Casual Fridays challenge, Bobby! I am terrible about actually sending cards out - I must remedy that situation!
Loving your blog story! I too collected quite a lot of 12 x 12 papers. In fact, I talk about it in tomorrow's post! I'm determined to make use of it although it may take a while… :D

Joyce said...

I am loving hearing about your paper crafting journey. And, love your card and key word. I am trying to get better about sending cards. First, I need to organize them, so I can find the card I need when I need it!!

Kelly Griglione said...

OH MY GOSH ... that needs to be my word! It's almost embarrassing ... I'm supposedly a card-maker and I hardly send any except the birthday ones I need to. And they're already done and waiting for me. I have absolutely no excuse. I think about it, but almost never do. Love your card design, Bobby. That font is delicious. Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

donna mikasa said...

What a great word and a perfect take on the sketch!

Kate said...

Great card! I love the stamps and dies you used for these. I was just thinking the other day that I need to pull out my pattern stamps again.

When I first began making cards, I rarely used stamps. Now, I can't imagine life without them! And lucky you with your $75 win!! You seem to have a number of big wins!!

Bobby said...

I was hoping for a win at My Craft Spot but not this time, so I just put in an order.