Wednesday, January 22, 2014

FF #23 and ATCAS #30

I'm playing along with Festive Friday for the first time.  When I decided to play with Merry Monday to get my Christmas cards done, I said "Well, why not make even more cards?"   Even if I don't make one for every challenge (which I will definitely try to do), I will still be ahead of the game.

Those of you who follow me have heard me say I like rustic, and that includes barns.  You don't know how many pictures, paintings, and Pinterest pins I have of barns.  I guess you could change that "like" to LOVE. And so I love the inspiration photo.



Even though I love the barn, I was also inspired by the pine trees and since I recently got the Sizzix Christmas tree die I went in that direction.  Using some red Core-dinations Kraft-core cardstock, I embossed with a woodgrain ef and sanded it.  White Accent Enamels makes snow for the tree.  The white border is reminiscent of the trim on the barn and the sentiment is in green from SSS Holiday Hello.

I realized as I was typing this that the use of my new tree die makes the card eligible for the Addicted to CAS challenge.


Thanks for stopping by.  I'd better get on the stick because this is the last card I have made and there are a couple of other challenges that interest me.  Plus I've gotten a couple of packages in the mail with some things I'm anxious to try out.

10 comments:

stressfreestamping said...

Gorgeous! I love how you interpreted the sketch. The snow on the tree looks great. Thanks for joining us in our NEW challenge at ATCAS. :)

Hannelie said...

Oh my Bobby , that background is perfect! I love your card!

Kelly Griglione said...

There is nothing more charming than a red barn ... love how you have it here on your card! For some reason your background is also reminding me of the left side of Santa's jacket ... with the white fur running down the middle and the bottom edge. Love it!

Lynn said...

So glad you could play with us a Festive Friday Bobby...the texture on your card is so beautiful!

Kay Miller said...

Such a pretty card! I love the embossed red background. Makes the green tree really stand out!! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

Bonnie said...

Isn't this a beautiful inspiration photo? I love this barn surrounded by snow! Sigh.... Love your tree too! What a wonderful die and it looks so pretty against the red woodgrain!

Rebecca Luminarias said...

Beautiful card, Bobby! I love the bright red wood embossed background and the snow effect you put on your tree--so clever! Thanks for playing along with FF this week.

Ardyth said...

Love the texture on your red panel, Bobby and the snow on your tree! You've done a great job capturing the feel of the inspiration photo! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

Jen W. said...

It really is a fabulous barn photo isn't it? Love the red woodgrain behind your tree and the snow drifting on it is perfect!

Jaydee said...

Love the tree against the woodgrain background. So glad you shared this fabulous card with us ATCAS this week.
Jaydee