Sunday, February 16, 2014

Freshly Made #123

Hey, all.  It's snowing here AGAIN.  When will it ever end.  Notice I didn't end that with a question mark. It's rather rhetorical.  Well, at least there's crafting to keep us sane although I'm beginning to think it's making me a little crazy.  I will say the card I made for this week's Freshly Made went without a hitch - stamping and all.

I thought for quite a while on what to do for the sketch.  I had an idea right away but didn't know if it would work.  I kept coming back to it because it was something I really wanted to do so I took the chance that it fits the sketch.


I was going to take a picture of my button drawers and jars to show you how ironic it is that I'm making paper buttons.  It's because they are easier to mail.  The cute tape measure just happened to be the edge of that floral paper (there's a hole hiding under the button card) and was perfect for the string.  I had a difficult time with a sentiment.  I was going to do birthday or thinking of you but the stamps were really too big to fit and before I thought of turning it on it's side like I ended up doing, I found this NBUS one from My Favorite Things.  Love it.  Like I said, this all just came together like it was meant to be.

Thank you for stopping by to visit.  I appreciate your comments so please leave one if you are so inclined.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love paper buttons! The mail loves paper buttons! These look so real! Great card!

Cindy Hall said...

This is such a great idea! These "button cards" are so cool! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Joyce said...

Love these button cards as an interpretation of the sketch. Perfect for one who sews (as I think you do!)

Kate said...

Such a super idea!! That's a tough sketch - and your take is fabulous!