Tuesday, March 4, 2014

CASE Study #180

I really struggles with the challenge at CASE Study this week, as you can tell by the last minute entry.  I loved Danielle Flander's card that served as the muse for the challenge but had trouble picking the right elements that pleased me..


I worked and reworked my card and it's okay but it doesn't thrill me.  Sometimes when that happens I don't even post it (like yesterday's card for another challenge) but okay is better than yuck, so here it is.


Now that I see it on the "big" screen, next to Danielle's, I like it even less.  I think part of the problem was that I got this cute frame die and embossing folder on clearance a while ago and thought it was perfect for the main image.  Once I had that in my head, I couldn't get away from it.  I may be taking the frame off and redoing the card base before sending it to someone.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope your day went well.

3 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

I like the embossed frame Bobby - have definitely been there where I can't get what is in my head to work on the card.

Kate said...

I'm not sure why you're not happy with this! It's fantastic! I love the frame and it looks wonderful layered on your scribbles. I would be thrilled to get this card in the mail. :)

Darnell said...

Isn't that something how you can get an idea in your head and it won't budge? You just have to go with it. That frame is great; I can see why you wanted it! I think a softer petaled flower would be just right for this, where you have the dark floral flag. You made me chuckle with that "okay is better than yuck." Why, yes, yes it is! Hugs, Darnell