I told you yesterday that I was playing around with a new technique. At least new to me. I was intrigued by this card by Karen over at Snippets which led me to a previous post of hers that linked me to this video called stamping with embossing folders. I have to warn you this post is long because I decided to show what I did as well as the cards I made.
I started with the Large Floral cuttlebug ef and inked it up using Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Dusty Lilac, Festive Berries and Peeled Paint. After inking, you need to spray the folder with water (or any kind of mist). It needs to be wet enough but not too wet. For example:
This one is way too wet and a lot of it ran together. I also decided that the yellow was too light so for the next try I switched to Mustard Seed.
Much better. Both of these examples were done on some #100 watercolor paper I have had for a long time. Next I tried the same colors on some SSS watercolor paper.
As you can see, this one is more "pixilated". I don't know if it wasn't wet enough or what but the ink didn't blend as well. I still like it but decided to go back to the other paper for my next two tries. First I'll show you the cards I made from two of these samples.
Since the first one ran, I cut it down with a Tipped Top from PTI, cut a yellow one to go along with it and put them on a white card base. The sentiment from Winnie and Walter is stamped with HA Soft Leaf.
Here I trimmed the watercolor and mounted it on some Simply Chartreuse paper. The sentiment from Hero Arts is white embossed. This card I will be entering in the Time Out Challenge to Case Virginia Lu.
Are you tired of reading yet? I hope not because I have another embossing folder to ink up. I decided to go more masculine with this one and used Large Clockworks. The first one I spared the water a little and while okay, it has a different look than the second.
I'd say this one is near perfect. I used Black Soot, Vintage Photo, and Pumice Stone inks. And here is the resulting card.
I masked off the "you" from the HA stamp and added the die cut one from PTI. I layered 4 cuts and embossed it with both platinum and black powders to give it a grungy metal look. And speaking of grunge, I'm going to enter this into the Addicted to CAS challenge "Grunge".
If you got this far, I want to thank you for sticking with me. I would also like to challenge you to try this technique. As you can tell, I'm gearing up for the Watercolor Online Class that begins Monday.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.