Monday, May 19, 2014

Watercoloring

Hey there.

I finally had a few minutes to do some more homework for the watercolor class.  This first one is a background although when I went back to look at the class list, there wasn't this particular technique.  I must have seen it somewhere else but it still fits.


I dry embossed the harlequin cutting plate on watercolor paper and colored them in with Distress Markers and water.  The sentiment from Clearly Besotted is stamped on vellum with Rich Cocoa and clear embossed.  The flag is attached with a couple of brown brads and the whole panel is mounted on kraft cardstock.

My second card is actually the third try at freehand watercoloring.  I mean the third time doing the exact same card. I wanted to try the technique on some inexpensive watercolor paper first and of course that one turned out best until I decided I didn't like the white background.  In trying to put a sky wash on it, some colored specks bled into it.  Here is the one I finally made into a card using the Tim Holtz watercolor paper.


The sentiment from Hero Arts is embossed in white and then I watercolored around it a little to make it show up more.

I was so glad to hear that blog friends and family that live in California were spared the devastation of the forest fire.  My prayers go out to those who lost everything.

I thought this week was slowing down and I could get some cards made for challenges.  It doesn't look like that's going to happen although I do have a few nights free later in the week.  I hope you are all finding time to do the things you love, whether crafting or anything else.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love the embossing and beautiful colors of the first card and the beautiful watercolor blooming meadow of the second!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the watercolor techniques Bobby - really love the colors you used on the first card!

Darnell said...

More beautiful watercoloring works, Bobby! I think the first one is similar to a beautiful background that Shari Carroll did. It was that one where I made the torn card. I love how you managed the technique with the Harley Quin impression plate. I didn't even think to try it with my impression plates, she say, slapping her forehead!

And your freehand scene is so, so pretty. I just love how this turned out!! (I'm still on Day Five. I'm like a broken record about it.) Hugs, Darnell

Tracey McNeely said...

Love these cards Bobby the halquin is fantastic and your freehand turned out fabulous. I hear you on trying something on cheaper paper and then liking it the best--has happened to me before.

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh how I HATE it when I'm happiest with my first try on something that is on my lined notebook paper. Such a great freehand scene you created. And, the harlequin watercolor card is a perfect masculine card with the colors and angles.

Kate said...

Fabulous cards! I love how the harlequin water-coloured card turned out (and I love that you call it "homework" too!). And your little scene is just lovely. The blue sky really does look wonderful!