Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tag #1 and FFC #35

You read that right.  There's a brand new challenge out there brought to you by the ultra talented Jackie Rockwell called "Tag, You're It".  I guess you get the idea that you will be making tags for this challenge. And who do you think she got to be the guest designer and Muse for this very first challenge?  Virginia Lu, that's who, another fabulously talented designer.


I don't usually make tags for tags sake so I put mine on a card.


I don't usually use sequins either but this tag just wanted me to add them.  The tags are cut with my Cricut, which also cut out the sentiment.  The background is stamped with W&W's confetti background in colors inspired by Virginia's tags.  Thank goodness I didn't get rid of all that embroidery floss I have.  I found three colors perfect for the tie.

I also have a card for Festive Friday.  I love plaid and I used to wrap my presents in it when I could find some so I couldn't resist this week's challenge


The paper is something I've had for a long, long, long time.  I cut it with a tipped top die and stamped it with my NBUS No Strings Attached by PTI.   I white embossed the ribbon so it would show up.  I'm going to love this stamp because I like flat cards and this gives the look of twine without the bulk.  The sentiment is from SSS.

Thanks for your visit.  Please leave a comment so I know you were here.  I love reading them.

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is just stunning, Bobby! Love the simplicity of it - the white really, really pops! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding story there. What happened after? Thanks!


my web page home improvement renovation - ,

Lynn said...

Oh you are an enabler Bobby. I just bought white ink and white embossing powder (only had clear and gold before). I love how striking the white strings look against the plaid. So glad you could play with us at Festive Friday.

Anita in France said...

Such fabulous cards, Bobby ... sweet bubbles on the first tag one and I love the 'string' on the second ... so perfectly inspired! Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Two fantastic projects Bobby, love your tag andt he Christmas card all tied up with string!

Kristie Goulet said...

Two amazing cards, Bobby! Love the tag and the Christmas card is perfection!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both great! I especially like your take on Virginia's tag ... I like adding tags to my cards, too!

Bonnie said...

Love that bright and pretty tag and the floss tie! That's a great idea for using up some of that old floss and I have tons of it! And the tip top, plaid present is too cute! Love that bow too! Thanks so much for the happy birthday wishes!

Lisa Arana said...

Lovely projects Bobby! I adore that bubble background for your thank you card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Tag You're It Challenge.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the ribbon stamp on the plaid paper - it just pops perfectly!

Kim S said...

Love these! The thanks card uses the colors so well with the random circles and the floss on the tag. And you can't go wrong with plaid for Christmas!! I love that no strings attached stamp. I've only used it on one card but it's also fun on the envelope!