Saturday, September 6, 2014

Guest Designing for Just Us Girls

I'm so excited to be the guest designer for Just Us Girls during the month of September.  When Vicki contacted me, I didn't hesitate one second before I said yes.


And then I saw the word for the first week.  I'm glad I had plenty of time to think of something to do and play around a bit.  I only have a few leaf stamps and they didn't thrill me for this challenge.  Normally when I think of leaves, I think Fall, and even though it's my favorite time of year it's coming up too fast.  Or in the case of leaves, coming down too fast. :)  Is it any wonder I ended up with falling leaves on my card.


I used my Cricut to make a stencil of maple leaves and colored them with a variety of Distress Inks on Rustic White cardstock.  I couldn't stop there, though, so I covered the leaves with translucent embossing paste to give them some shine and texture.


The sentiment is from PTI's Beautiful Brushstrokes done in Memento Rich Cocoa and the panel is mounted on Dark Chocolate.

Thanks for stopping by.  Now it's time for you to head over to JUGS to see what the rest of the Design Team has to inspire you.  I'm sure you'll be delighted.

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! The embossing paste is gorgeous! Love the font on the sentiment too.

Lisa Kind said...

Love the falling leaves idea, Bobby! The embossing paste really takes it up a lot of notches! Very pretty card! Glad to have you joining us as guest this month!

Nancy said...

Great start with the JUGS team this month Bobby...your card is wonderful! Great idea to make the stencil with your Cricut! Can't wait to see what else you do this month! Welcome!

Happy Dance said...

Congrats on the GD gig at JUGS!! So happy for you, Bobby! And your card is wonderful! The embossing paste adds so much texture/dimension to this beauty. Clever too, to use your Cricut to make that stencil. Love this card. Bev

Jacquie Southas said...

Congratulations on another Guest Designer spot! Love the dimension and color of your leaves and hope to play along this week.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card, Bobby! Fall is my favorite time of year and your falling leaves are perfect! So happy to have you with us this month at Just Us Girls!

Maria said...

Super cool leaves! So happy to have you join us this month at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Welcome, Bobbie! Your card is beautiful and I love those leaves. So glad you are our Guest Designer this month!

Maria said...

So lovely...wonderful shine on those leaves!

Kate said...

Congrats on your guest design spot! Your leaves look AMAZING!!! Between the colouring and the embossing paste, I'm incredibly impressed! Wow!

wienerhoneymooners said...

CONGRATS on your Guest Design, will play this week!!!

sue t. said...

The embossing paste really makes this card pop! Glad to have you joining us this month at JUGS!!