Friday, February 13, 2015

Time Out #24

It's not always easy to CASE someone's card, especially if you don't want to be too literal.  It may be even more difficult if you're to put your own twist on it.  Well folks, that's the challenge at TIME OUT this time.  Kylie of Addicted to Stamps  and Addicted to CAS has given us a lovely card to draw inspiration from.


I love the embossed background and the bright flowers.  So how did I twist it?  I used fruit instead.


I have a lot of flower stamps but not many that have dies and not being one for a lot of fussy cutting I decided to go another way - use my Cricut to do the cutting for me.  Okay, if I'm going to do that, why not cut something different.  For those of you who don't know much about the Cricut, which is an electronic cutting machine, you usually cut and layer colored (or printed) paper.  Not me.  I decided to cut from my regular Neenah Solar White and then watercolor the grapes with Distress Ink.  Truth be told, I also used my Cricut to cut the tag,  Actually I set up a number of tags and cut them all so I'd have a stash for other cards.  I thought the sentiment from Penny Black fit the image (get it?).  While going through some of my mother's sewing supplies I found a spool of wired thread that was perfect for grapevines so I added that to some twine.  The basket weave ef is from Lifestyle Crafts. 

Whew, that was long winded.  If you only look at the pictures, that's fine.  I'm just glad you stopped by.

16 comments:

sandie said...

So pleased you joined is Bobby! Especially as you really did add your own twist. The grapes turned out perfectly and the embossing folder really shows how you were inspired by Kylie. Great to see you at Time Out x

Leigh Penner said...

So pretty!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

this is a super special and yummy take on Kylie's card Bobby.
Lovely idea to use the grapes and they are so good I could pick them and eat them! thanks for taking time to play along
Sarah GD

Anita in France said...

Love your twist on Kylie's inspiration, Bobby ... that bunch of grapes is so beautifully coloured ... the tendrils are perfect ... and the basketweave background is a fabulous fit with the grapes! Always delighted to have you play along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Joyce said...

Very fun twist on the inspiration card. Love the idea of grapes.

Kylie said...

Your twist is genius. I love your take on my card. I love that you used fruit and you certainly put your Cricut to great use! xx

I Card Everyone said...

So fun... love that embossing!
=] Michele

Happy Dance said...

Thanks, Bobby. Your card reminded me of my mom's favorite Bible verse..."I am the vine, you are the branches.." Nice memories from this really lovely card. LOVE the wired thread!! Brilliant idea. Your grapes are very cool, and the watercoloring is perfect. Super card. I think I'll smile all day now! Happy Valentine's Day. Bev

Bonnie said...

Your grapes are awesome, Bobby! Perfectly colored and I love the viney looking ribbon! The basket embossing seems a perfect match too! Love this!

Kim Heggins said...

Love, love, love those grapes, so sweet. Don't you just love electronic cutting machines...I have a Silhouette and do the same thing, it is always nice to have a stash of goodies ready to use. Your embossed background is just perfect for your bunch of grapes, just gorgeous!

cm said...

Oh my, Bobby, what a fresh, innovative case of Kylie's card! Adore your pretty grapes a whole bunch *grin*; the wire thread and embossed panel are impressive added touches. Your colouring...happy sigh!
Hugs~c

Gerrina said...

What a great and beautiful twist! Love how you coloured the grapes Bonny; they look super! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Sarah G said...

Such a cool twist, Bobby and so creative! Love all of the elements such as the wire, basket weave and embossing which go perfectly with the grapes. Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out :)

Elizabeta Kushner said...

Great take on the challenge. Thank you for playing with us over at TO Challenge.

Beverley said...

Lovely twist on the CASE card. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

papayoung said...

Between cheap ted baker ted baker uk sale dresses cheap and only separated by a layer thin shirt. cheap ted baker dresses sometimes, not Ted Baker Outlet uk peak, will calm. Because there is beloved around the mind to get the best comfort. cheap ted baker dresses I do not know cheap in mind. The silence cheap ted baker dresses of the night to let her have a quick heartbeat.