Monday, March 23, 2015

CASual Friday #137

The cue for CASual Friday is


Yup.  Springtime Melodies.  I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to conjure up something with that theme until I was looking for an embossing folder and saw Allegro (my music one).  A light bulb came on and here's the result.


If this doesn't say springtime melodies, I don't know what does.  I used two different branch and bird dies, discarding the one bird and cutting two of the other so I'd have matching robins.  They're colored with Distress Ink, one on the reverse side of the kraft cardstock.  The sentiment is from PB's Snippets.

Thanks for stopping by.  Your visits and comments are always appreciated.

11 comments:

Joyce said...

Great idea, Bobby. Those birds are definitely singing to welcome spring (finally).

Marybeth said...

This sings springtime Bobby! Love the embossed notes!

I Card Everyone said...

There are birds... in the trees... and I almost hear them singing! Just beautiful, Bobby!
=] Michele

Tracey McNeely said...

Bobby what a lovely card. I really like the birds over the embossed background. Definitely springtime. I have heard the birds yet hear but hopefully soon!

Shelly said...

Super sweet card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Lovely card. I loved this embossed background.Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Friday´s.
Hugs
Archana

cm said...

Wonderful card, Bobby...we've seen a couple robins lately, which are signs that Spring is on its way. You've reminded me that I have a NBUS music folder...and I think I brought it in my mobile crafting unit! Going for a rummage through later today!
Hugs~c

Anita in France said...

This is so sweetly springtime, Bobby ... that embossed background is gorgeous ... so fabulous with those delightful singing birds! Anita :)

Jamie said...

Perfect springtime card! Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Rebecca Hoy said...

This is so clever, I really like the embossed notes and the birdies, thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays challenge, Rebecca x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.