Saturday, March 7, 2015

City Crafter Challenge #251

City Crafter is a new challenge for me but I was directed here by the lovely Darnell, who is their guest designer for the month of March.  She and the rest of the design team have created some wonderful inspiration for you featuring washi tape.


I only have 4 rolls of washi tape. I bought a black and white polka dot and a red and white chevron.  Then I got one in a kit, and won one.  Guess what they are?  Yep, the same two rolls.  And I didn't use either one on my card.  Instead I used a washi tape 6 x 6 pad from WeR Memorykeepers.  SSS's handwritten borders was used for the sentiment and placed between strips of the tape.  This is, as Darnell would say, QACAS.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend!


12 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Your washi tape story cracked me up. Isn't that always the way?! But your card is a CAS delight. Love the font on that sentiment. Really sweet card, Bobby. Have a good weekend. Bev

cm said...

Your washi tape story is too funny! What a clever card you've created with your washi paper. I have...hold it, need to count 'em...three washi tapes - all part of wins/gifts - that I use only for taping things in place. They're rather 'practical' rather than pretty and show-case-able. Hope you're having a great Saturday!
Hugs~c

OriBella said...

a great card!

Darnell said...

Thank you for the shoutout and for playing along at City Crafter, Bobby! I love that you are showcasing another way to get the Washi tape look on a QACAS card, even if you don't have any (or many) Washis to use. The design across the corner is another way I really like to see it used and I especially like how you split the rows with your just-perfect-for-this sediment! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so fabulous Bobby I love the diagonal!

Bonnie said...

Love the colors and the sentiment between the strips of tape! QACAS and fabulous!

Joyce said...

This is my very favorite and go to layout for using Washi Tape. Love how yours came out. I can't believe how little Washi you have. Must run out to store to get some more.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Sweet!!! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

This is so lovely ... Less is definitely more with your card ... simply beautiful ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Samra said...

What a pretty card this is! Thank you for joining us at CCCB this week!
Samra DT

Stella said...

CAS at its best and a fab take on our theme. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

Anita in France said...

Cool and crisp and fabulous, Bobby ... love how your sentiment nestles in between the stripes! I'm also washi challenged ... but did love how QACAS a card could be with it, so I may have to find more! Anita :)