Wednesday, July 8, 2015

CASology # 154

I'm back from my almost two week stint as a teen sitter and house rescuer.  I didn't experience card withdrawal symptoms because I did do a little playing with my Zig clear brush pens and although I didn't dream of cards while I was gone, I did get an idea almost immediately for the new challenge at CASology - cue word "Repeat".  Thank you, Mr. Mojo!


My NBUS pear stamp from WPlus9 came into play for a subtly repeated background stamped with VersaMark Dazzle ink on Ripe Avocado cardstock.  The WPlus9 pear die added a simple element to my computer generated sentiment and I have an anniversary card ready to go.

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.  I couldn't get my son's iMac to accept my Google account and let me comment on blogs so I gave up on visiting you.  I did a few on my phone but that was such a hassle.  I will try to get around to you as soon as possible.  I have seen some of the wonderful things you've done and I want to let you know that.
___________________________

I must say it was an interesting time away, with kids coming and going at all hours.  We only ate three meals together the entire time.  I did get to spend quality time talking with each one, something I haven't been able to do in a long time. They will be seniors next year, with even busier schedules, so who knows when I will get an opportunity like this again. Here's a picture of the 4 of us, taken as I was about to leave.  The girls had just gotten back from a workout and Kyle had just gotten up so it's a very casual photo to say the least.  That's Abby on the left and Emily between Kyle and me.  I'm wearing the lace scarf that was my gift from Greece.


Thanks for stopping by.  You know I appreciate you all for your visits, comments, and support.



11 comments:

Hannelie said...

Good to see you again Bobby!
I love your take on the cue card this week... gorgeous stamping in the perfect green!
Thanks for joining us at Casology this week1

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Delicious pears! Great picture of you and your kids - thanks for sharing!

Happy Dance said...

The second I saw your card, I had to chuckle. Not at your card, but because I pulled out that same set today...only I tore (if you can believe it) one of the stamps! Ordered a new one already. Your card is gorgeous. Love this set, and love what you've done with it here. Your grandchildren are beautiful/handsome. How proud you must be. Our Lizzy is the same age and I can't believe she'll also be a senior. Where does the time go?! Glad you're back, and don't worry about playing catch up...we do what we can, right?! Bev

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a fun time with your grandkids! What a lovely family! Great job on the pears! Love that background!

Joyce said...

This is a fantastic card. Love how you made a repeating background pattern. And, the die cut works perfectly. Your babysitting gig sounds a lot like my normal every day life with 2 teenaged girls. Wonderful picture, and I have to say that you look like you could be one of the gang, hardly old enough to be the grandma.

Kim Heggins said...

Welcome home and love your card. Those pears look amazing on your green background. Love your family photo...I have to agree with Joyce, you like one of the gang, just adorable.

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so sorry for my late visit, Bobby! Your card is fabulous...I love the repeat pattern of pears and your CAS design is perfect for this challenge!
Great photo of you and your grandchildren! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit...I think it's wonderful that you had a bit of quality time with each of them, too ~ It's what matters in life, right? Welcome home!

cm said...

Welcome home, Bobby! Based on that photo, with dazzling smiles worn by all, looks like your time was indeed, fabulous and most welcome! Special moments...Your pear card: pure fun! Way to rock the 'repeat' in a 'pear-fect' way *grin* We're on "holiday's for a bit now...time to catch up on comments!
hugs~c

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Bobby!! Such a great idea and stamping your background using he same image you popped up!! Nicely done.Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.

Anita in France said...

A belated welcome back, Bobby ... so good to hear you had a grand time teen sitting! Wonderful photo of you and the triplets ... what a good looking group! Your card's fabulous ... love that tone on tone look ... and the popped up pear is so sweet ... scrumptious! Anita :)