Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Challenge #44

The challenge at The Challenge is a birthday card with this photo inspiration:


Birthday cards are easy.  Finding a monster among my stamps impossible.  So, thinking outside the box, I went through some of my dies and came up with this.


Can you guess what I used?  I cut it from foil, did some surgery on it and added glitter circles for the eyes and an I from an alphabet set for the mouth.  A LF speech bubble border contains a PTI 'happy' cut from glitter paper and inset, and a stamped sentiment from CB.  I originally cut my monster from blue but couldn't find a background paper I liked.  I'll keep looking and make a second card, just because I like it so much and can use some children's birthday cards.

Thanks for dropping by.  Oh, did you want to know what I used for the monster?  My owl die from the PS Hooties set.


9 comments:

Anita in France said...

Tee hee ... I laughed out loud at your little monster, Bobby ... he's so fun ... and you're so creative! I was thinking maybe you used an ice cream die (from the top of a cone) ... would never have guessed it was an owl!! Whatever you used, though, it's brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Bonnie said...

This monster is adorable and so perfect for a child! Very creative use of an owl die!

Karren said...

Too clever and very good way to get multiple uses out of our dies :) Love this monster card!

Sandy said...

EEK is right! That spider sure looks real!!!!
sandy xx

Nance said...

How fun and creative and resourceful! Thanks for playing The Challenge!

Lori said...

What a fabulous and creative use of the owl die! Love all the sparkle you used on your design. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm seeing one of W&W blooms there, Bobby! Just fantastic!... thanks for playing cards with us at The Challenge!!
=] Michele

wienerhoneymooners said...

Ooooooooooh love all the sparkle and shine!!! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge! ---please check out our NEW Sketch challenge tomorrow!

cm said...

Hahahahahahah...too adorable! Love the expression, which rather resembles what I'm wearing right now! Super sweet!
Hugs~c