Sunday, February 21, 2016

Make it Monday #239, Tic Tac Toe #4, AAA #58 and W & W photo

The mojo is flowing and I have a ton of cards made.  Well, really only 7  but it seems like a lot.  I'm only going to post three of them today.  Make It Monday has an interesting challenge to customize your patterned paper with a video by Lizzie Jones.  Here's my take on it.
The background paper is part of a pack that I got in my very first order at Papertrey Ink over 4 1/2 years ago.  I took the stamp from Beautiful Brushstrokes Additions and lined it up with the pattern and stamped it in SSS Surf Blue.  The die and sentiment are also from that set.  For a little pizzazz I added some sequins.  The pattern is a little more subtle IRL but it wouldn't show on screen until I adjusted the exposure.

I've been wanting to play at the Stamping Smiles Tic Tac Toe challenge and it only took me to the fourth challenge to get something made.  I used the middle row down.
\\\\
Using Black Soot Distress Ink, I inked up the stencil by Winnie and Walter from my Stamp of Approval box.  Casual Fridays made the die set for SOA and I cut 3 layers in black and one in purple foil.  I'm not much of a sequin person but since the challenge called for them, I put them on which also makes this card eligible for the challenge at AAA - sequins.

Next up is my card for Winnie and Walter's 2nd Birthday Bash - inspiration image challenge hosted by Taheerah.  While I love the painting, I drew my inspiration from that lovely pillow on the sofa.
Stenciling again, this time with colored embossing paste on pink paper. This is as dark as I could get Black Soot to do.  The dies are from Sugar Pea designs and the sentiment is from Winnie & Walter.  I stamped and embossed the 'happy' onto vellum and cut around it.

I think that's enough for you to take in on one blog post.  I thank you for visiting and making it through to the end.




12 comments:

Joyce said...

I am happy to hear that you made 7 cards! Wow. Love the three that you shared today. Especially love how you added another print to that PTI patterned paper on your first card.

Joyously Noelle said...

Your first card has great custom paper!

Darnell said...

Gotta love when the mojojuice is flowing and the results are this spectacular! They are all winners to me, Bobby, and I look forward to seeing the other four!! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Darnell

Marianne said...

My SOA box arrived last week. Yay! Love how you used only black and white but added small pops off colours using those sequins. Also love your take on the W&W inspiration image. That soft pink is such a perfect match!

I Card Everyone said...

All three lovely, Bobby! Oh look... you do know flocking!
=]

Anita in France said...

Wow, Bobby ... seven cards! These first three are gorgeous ... cool overstamped DP, striking black and white little number, and a perfect (and delicious!) take on that pillow! Looking forward to seeing the rest! Hugs, Anita :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Love the idea to make your patterned paper even more custom. Also love that you bypassed the art piece and zeroed in on the pillow in Taheerah's photo ... your black soot on the pink cardstock looks fabulous!

Nora Noll said...

Seven cards? YOU ROCK!! It takes me so long to make one!! I LOVE the first one with the customized patterned paper. Looks like you bought it that way. The second card with the black and white background has a lot of impact. The touch of purple is fabulous!! Love the last card too!! Thanks for playing with Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!

Nora Noll
Design Team Member
Stamping Smiles Design
Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
#ssdtictactoechallenge

TK said...

Beautiful cards, Bobby! Can't wait to see the next 4....

cm said...

WOW! You are a Mojo Marvel, my friend! A trio of spectacular cards; the third, though, really catches my attention! A brilliant take on the inspiration photo (which saw me shake my head and turn the other way). In my world: winner, winner! Fingers crossed for you!
Hugs~c

Jenny Colacicco said...

I love the way you've added a pop of colour with the purple sequins - very cool! Thanks for sharing at AAA cards.

Tracie Pond said...

Yay, happy you were able to participate in the tic-tac-toe-challenge. Such a unique stenciled background. Hope to see you again, soon.
Tracie Pond
Stamping Smiles Designs
Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
#ssdtictactoechallenge
Design Team Member