Sunday, May 29, 2016

Make It Monday, #250

Just a quick post for Make It Monday.  Laurie Willison has a video on masked backgrounds and because I sometimes use this technique, I had to play along.
I taped off the edges and inked the background with Distress Inks.  Wild Honey DI was used to stamp the PTI Harvest Berries die cut, with a little water added to color in more of the leaves.  PTI's Keep It Simple sentiment is stamped in Altenew Dusk.  QACAS as Darnell would say - although I do have blue fingers now.

Glad you dropped by.



15 comments:

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous inking and a reminder to me to dig out my Harvest Berries set!

paperkicks said...

Beautiful card! Love the gold leaves against the intense blue background!

Judi G said...

This is beautiful! Love the gold with the blue. Very elegant!

Darnell said...

Oh, dear, does that make it a blue-fingered QACAS? Sounds like one of those funny bird names, doesn't it?! Nothing funny about your card though, Bobby, it's a masked masterpiece!! I hope you're enjoying the long weekend! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

Oh so lovely, Bobby! One of my favorite PTI sets, in a most beautiful setting!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

Bobby this is wonderful, your background is perfectly sponged and what a great idea to top it with the ginko stem!

Kelly Griglione said...

Hey Bobby! Love the colors you chose for this...when I use yellow I always tend to think pastels. But bold blue, now that's saying something!! Hope you're enjoying the weekend 🙂

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful Bobby!

Loll said...

Gorgeous! Great combination of colours, and love the masked edges. xx

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Lovely! The yellow flowers in blue background looks awesome!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful card and so peaceful too!

Jacquie Southas said...

LOVE the Wild Honey against the blue, Bobby!

Anita in France said...

Beautiful, Bobby ... such lovely deep blue hues ... gorgeous with the honey gingko leaves! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

Your blues/gold combination: striking! You always work magic with your gingko leaves...
Hugs~c

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful!