Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Less Is More #299

The fun Less Is More challenge this week is to use acetate or vellum.  I could have made a shaker card but I had this UFO in my box and decided to finish it up for the challenge.
The PB stamp was white embossed and only the vase had been colored.  I did the flowers with my Zigs on the back and sandwiched it between the navy cs and the white card base.  A white embossed sentiment is the final touch.

It looks like it's going to be a gloomy day today, but a busy one.  I'm having lunch with an old (meaning longtime) friend today, then there's a soup supper at the church followed by a ceremony at city hall honoring the former Spirit of St. Louis award winners.  My Dad won in 1974 so I will be representing him.  This award is for persons who make outstanding contributions to the city and Dad did more than his part for the youth of this city and other residents as well.

Thanks for dropping by.



4 comments:

Esther said...

What a beautiful card, Bobby. The colouring is lovely and the whole feel of it is really stylish and classy. Super job! Thanks for jining us at Less is More! How great that your dad's contribution to the community is being recognised again. I know you'll feel so proud representing him - he must have been a wonderful man. Hope your day goes well :)

Anita in France said...

Beautiful, Bobby ... there's a lovely glossy shine to that fabulous vase of blooms ... so bright and deliciously vibrant! What an honour that your Dad received this amazing award for his contribution to the people of St Louis ... and how wonderful that you're representing him at the ceremony ... hope it was a truly special time! Hugs, Anita :)

Sarah G said...

I love your colouring on this floral design, Bobby- it looks great embossed on vellum! I hope you enjoyed the ceremony - I am sure it was a proud moment to be representing your father :) Great to see you, as always, at Less is More.

TK said...

Pretty water coloring, Bobby! Great bouquet...