Friday, November 11, 2016

Tag You're It! #60

Diane Jaquay has a wonderful tag to inspire us at Tag You're It! 
I usually follow pretty closely with whatever the inspiration is but I went outside the box this time.
From Diane's tag I got: layered tag, all over leaf design, sentiment image layered over greens, bow.

I made a striped backgroud from my CP stamp, and using my NBUS infinity tags from HA I cut out a striped and white tag.  The holly leaves are from a TH set that I cut in scrap paper and used as a stencil.  I used that same set to make the greens.  A tiny tag and sentiment from MCS are tied on with an organza bow.  So you see, all of Diane's elements are there, just in a Christmas tag.

What kind of tag would you make?  There are plenty more on the TYI blog to spark your imagination.





ETA:  Loll has a wonderful Twelve Tags of Christmas event going on and I'm going to send my tag over there.  It's a mixed media challenge and I've stenciled, stamped and die cut.

8 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Love your 'outside the box' tag, Bobby! This is just fantastic! That candy cane paper is sweet and your stenciling and the greens are amazing. I love this tag! Very wonderfully Christmassy. Bev

Jen Mitchell said...

What a wonderful tag. I love the greenery and your stripey background!

cm said...

Your Christmas translation of Diane's tag is out-side-the-box marvelous! Candy cane paper, holly leaves and greens...sooooo pretty! Love this!
Hugs~c

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous festive tag, Bobby ... I especially love that little cluster of die cut branches and berries against the stencilled holly ... it's so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

MaryH said...

It's lovely! I don't think to layer tags but I am certainly liking this look a lot. The peppermint background looks fabulous with the falling holly leaves. Nice way to bring in the traditional holiday colors in a subtle way. Also like the pine branches with the holly berries as a dimensional element. TFS

Loll said...

Sweet! Love this layered beauty Bobby. The candy stripe background is so pretty. Love the branch and berry bow over adorning the top of your stenciled holly leaves. This would work great for my Twelve Tags event if you'd like to add it there. :) xx

Loll said...

So happy you joined in my tag event! Thanks Bobby!! xx

Nstiz said...

Your tag is so beautifully designed! Love the striped background behind your terrific, stenciled holly! Beautiful treatment at the top too!