Sunday, December 11, 2016

CASology #227

It's all about space, something I have little of in my craft room, but something I had to convey in a card for CASology.  I went with this definition: An element of art, space refers to distance or areas around, between or within components of a piece.  Space can be positive (white) or negative (black), open or closed, shallow or deep, and two or three dimensional


It's sort of three dimensional since I did pop up the white (positive) die cut over the black (negative) to make it appear deep with some open and closed spaces and plenty of area around the image (cross quilt coverplate by PTI).  I thought it looked a little like a maze so I went with this sentiment also by PTI.  All that for one little card for one of my favorite challenges. *_*

It's been snowing since early morning and we've shoveled the driveway twice already.  Time to hunker down and do some serious crafting.  See you in the next post.  Stay safe.

9 comments:

TK said...

Wonderful interpretation! love the design stamp, and you used it wonderfully! Stay warm and enjoy that snow (OK, that's me...)!

Lisa Elton said...

This looks like a painting that someone would pay oodles of money for!! Fabulous card Bobby!!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Bobby ... really WOW! Love it ... cool, graphic, chic sophisticated ... looks as though it should be in a gallery! Yep, LOVE it! Hugs, Anita :)

Ardyth said...

Well, this seems very scientific, with a definition and everything! Love the geometry and contrast! So glad you joined us at CASOlogy this week, Bobby!

I Card Everyone said...

Phenomenal!
=]

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful interpretation of the cue word, and such a striking card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Hannelie said...

BRILLIANT take on the cue Bobby!
Nailed it!
Thank you so much for joining CASology this week!

Barb Ghig said...

How clever you are, Bobby! I love this cool geometric pattern and that you chose B&W ~ It's perfect!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

SUPER!!!! CAS and graphic, just my thing!