Saturday, January 7, 2017

Just Us Girls #375

Hello Stampers.  Just Us Girls is back with their first challenge of 2017 and it's aptly entitled "New".

That's the word Ina picked for us and you can use any interpretation of that you'd like.  I went with a stamp set that has new as part of the sentiment.
This little bird from WPlus9 is supposed to be a chickadee I think but I turned him into a goldfinch. I love when they stop at my bird feeder in the spring.  Sometimes I have as many as 40 all feeding at the same time. And then I begin to sing "Yellow Bird' but change the words a little to fit the situation.  After all I don't have any banana trees. 😉  I had intended to watercolor this and stamped it on watercolor paper and then wondered why my Zigs weren't blending as well as they usually do.  Duh!  But it worked out okay.  I did watercolored the background.

Enough about me.  Go see what the rest of the design team and guest designer Shawna Standish have done with the word "new".  Maybe they'll inspire you to make a card.  I hope so.


12 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Very pretty! I love your goldfinch, they are one of my favorite birds. Love the softness of the watercolored background.

Chris Dring said...

So jealous you have so many goldfinches to watch. I only see one or two every so often. They are beautiful birds, as is your card!

I Card Everyone said...

Another 'think Spring' thought, and boy do I appreciate it!
OH Bobby, you now have Anita in France singing your song, I'm sure of it!!!
Lovely little Goldfinch!
=]

Nancy said...

WOW...40 birds at a time! That would be awesome to see. Such a pretty card no matter what kind! Well done and Happy New Year!

Judy Woodland said...

What a sweet little stamp!! I love your take on the challenge - using the word in the greeting. Your coloring is perfect, well done!!! And I love the goldfinches too - they hang around our feeder all winter long.

Ina G said...

Adorable little bird. Beautifully coloured including the background. Perfect choice of sentiment too Bobby.

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful, what a sweet little bird! It's a breath of fresh spring air. Just the perfect thought with these bitter cold temps!

cm said...

Your goldfinch is lovely; I can just imagine how cheerful the sound of 40 of them, singing at your bird feeder. Using 'new' in your sentiment: clever! Aiming to play along with 'new' old stuff; amazing what one finds when 'trying' to organize!
Hugs~c

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty Bobby! Love that birdie and the watercolored background!

Vicki Dutcher said...

My 2nd favorite bird is a Gold Finch -- fabulous coloring

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Bobby ... soft and so deliciously spring-like! You've put 'Yellow Bird' in my head (and voice!) now for the rest of the day ... such a fab song ... thank you! Yep, Michele (above) was right!! Hugs, Anita :)

Anita in France said...

Late to the party, Michele, but you're right ... singing my heart out!! Hugs, Anita :)