Saturday, March 4, 2017

Just Us Girls #383 - Word Week

Hey all.  I'm hosting Just Us Girls this week and for the Word Week challenge I've chosen
You can do so many fun things with diamonds, triangles, squares, octagons, hexagons etc. that I thought it would be an interesting challenge.  Here's what I made.
I new I wanted to use the Geo Builders from Catherine Pooler.  The decision came in what colors to use.  I had a copper embossed sentiment on my work desk that I didn't use but liked the looks of.  I decided I wanted to use colors that worked with copper so I could emboss the sentiment on this card.  I stamped the larger diamonds in Altenew Expresso and the solid large ones in Caramel Toffee.  The smaller ones were stamped the same but I decided to emboss them too.  You can see the shine a little better in this photo.
The sentiment and die cut word are from CASual Friday, part of a SOA kit.

I hope you'll join us in this week's challenge.  Come and see what the Design Team and guest designer Nance Salkeld have done with the 'word', then enter your card in the gallery.  You may be chosen Chic of the Week and have a chance to guest design with us.

See you there.

13 comments:

Loll said...

Fantastic design Bobby! And always great to use something you have started and not finished ... the diamonds work perfectly with your copper sentiment. xx

Nancy said...

Great challenge for us this week Bobby! We need to keep it interesting once in a while! Your card is designed perfectly! Love the layout and the cooper color! Hugs!

Nancy said...

Copper! Lol

Ina G said...

Brilliant design Bobby. Love it especially the way you have done your sentiment on the side. Loved playing with this challenge - so 'fun'.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a great challenge this week! Love your design with those triangles and fantastic colors!

Lisa Kind said...

Great challenge this week Bobby! Love your card! The shimmer is so pretty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this color combo and your use of the triangles

Bonnie said...

Sharp and precise! Perfectly composed!

Nance said...

Wow, Bobby, I love your card! Those CP stamp sets are so versatile and fun! So thrilled to be guesting with all you girls!

Chris Dring said...

Wow Bobby! I LOVE your card! The diamond design is fabulous, and the colors you used work so well together. Loving the bits of embossing you've added also. Great card!

Anita in France said...

So cool, Bobby ... such a fabulous crisp design ... that shimmery copper is delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

Judy Woodland said...

This is an awesome card. I love how you have used those stamps, and it looks like it was really fun to do. Great challenge too.....thanks. Well done!!1

cm said...

Espresso, caramel and toffee...scrumptious flavours and equally as delicious on your beautiful geometric card! The copper shimmery is marvelous!
Hugs~c