Saturday, May 13, 2017

Just Us Girls #393

It's Trend Week at Just Us Girls and Sue has picked one of the hottest things going: Distress Oxides.  If you don't have them don't worry.  You can use your regular Distress Inks to make a background.
I have the Oxides and they blend beautifully on Bristol Board so that's what I used.

I originally tried the technique where you mist your stamps before putting them to inked paper to remove some of that ink.  I don't know if my stamps were too small or too wet but I didn't like the results so I overstamped the images from TT with Distress Ink.  The sentiment is from PTI and to balance it's Onyx Black, I added a strip of black cs to the bottom.

Our guest designer Kathie Durgan and the rest of my fabulous team mates at Just Us Girls have cards waiting for you to peruse and be inspired by. We hope you will make a card for a chance to be our Chic of the Week and possible guest designer in the future.

10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very pretty sky!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love how you blended those Oxide inks for the sky and grass. The images are so perfect making this scene complete.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, your background is gorgeous, Bobby! I love the softness of all the images, too! I'm going to try Bristol with my Oxide inks...Thanks!

Lynn said...

Your background is stunning Bobby! Love!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous blending, Bobby ... which Oxides did you use here? A fabulous mix of color ... and the stamping is wonderful, too!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

Gorgeous blending! I love the look you got with the ink lifting and then stamping on the image....really cool. Beautiful card!

Ina G said...

Perfect background colours for those stamped wildflowers. Nice touch with the tiny dragonflies Bobby.

Chris Dring said...

Beautiful card!!

Nancy said...

Love the softness of your images Bobby! This turned out gorgeous no matter the path you had to take to achieve it!

Anita in France said...

Soft and beautifully dreamy, Bobby ... just like a summer meadow ... gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)