Sunday, May 7, 2017

Time Out #82

You all know what kissing is don't you?  No, not that smoochy, lip touching kissing.  Stamp kissing.  It's when you ink up a stamp and then press another stamp into it to make a pattern before you put it to paper.  Stamp Kissing is the twist to use on your flowers for the Time Out challenge. Here's what I mean.
I must admit that I bought some stamps from Paper Smooches called Kissables a long time ago when I first learned of this technique and haven't used them in forever.  The SSS Artful Flowers are the perfect stamp to use them on although I did add a couple of tiny Altenew flowers that I kissed.

I've been working all weekend to get a bunch of cards made ahead for Design Teams and challenges I like to participate in.  I need to get busy making curtains for the cottage and since I use the same space that I stamp in, I have to clean up all my stuff.  I wouldn't want any stray ink on my white fabric.

Thanks for dropping by.

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Love that you used the technique! The polka dots on the florals are adorable. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Patti said...

This is so bright and cheerful!! I have tried Kissing a time or two but it never turned out this good! you are a master Kisser : ) heeheehee

Have a great day!

Patti

Lisa Kind said...

Love your card, Bobby! The color combo is one of my favs and the kissing technique is fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun color combo! This is cute Bobby. I like the dotty flowers. They almost look like honeycomb at first glance!

I Card Everyone said...

Very kiss-ably cute!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

I hear ya about working all weekend to get ahead. I have been doing the same thing. Seems like I never quite accomplish it, though. Your card is adorable. I forgot about that technique, and it's so much fun. Thanks for the inspiration, I must pin for future reference!!!

sandie said...

I love the texture that the kissing gave to these flowers and how bright and cheerful they are. Great to see you at Time Out Challenges, always love you try to join us so much x

Anita in France said...

These gorgeous blooms are perfectly kissed with those delicious polka dots, Bobby ... such a fabulous sense of texture ... and a yummy colour combo ... so happy and sunny! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Happy sewing! Hugs, Anita :)

Gerrina said...

Wow love the fresh looks of these "kissed" flowers! They look like they just ment to be so! And thank you for joining us at TIME OUT again!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet...love those pretty yellow posies, adorable!

Joyce said...

Good for you for using the twist. I love the look of your kissed flowers--it really adds such wonderful texture. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.