Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Inspired By All the Little Things #70

It's that time of year.  Falling leaves, warm scarves and a cup of hot cocoa.  It's also the photo inspiration at Inspired By All the Little Things.
For once I left the leaves off my card, but in retrospect I could have used them to fill in some spaces.
I colored three SSS scarves with Zigs and embossed them with a knit folder.  The forth is cut from navy paper and the sentiment white heat embossed to finish a frame around my mug of cocoa.

I've been playing in my craft room for the past couple of days without much to show for it.  It seems everything that can go wrong has.  Smudges, partially stamped sentiments, layered stamps not lining up, Zigs bleeding.  I'm now in salvage mode.  I'm cutting, sanding and re-stamping to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear (to coin a phrase).  If all goes better today, my Design Team assignments for November will be done and I can have fun just entering some of my favorite challenges.

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope your craft time is bringing you joy.

12 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful use of the colors from Inspired by all the little things graphic.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a great take on the inspiration picture! Love your embossed scarf - brilliant idea!

Lynn said...

Hope today was a better day...I go through phases like that too! This card is fabulous...love how the scarves frame the card.

Karen Dunbrook said...

very cute card Bobby. I take comfort in knowing that I am not alone. I feel like the bits of time I have managed to squeeze in this week have not been productive and sometimes just frustrating.
Hang in there....
xx Karen

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the inspiration photo, Bobby!

Judy Woodland said...

What a clever take on the photo. I love those colors together, the turquoise really pops with that brown. And embossing the scarves with a knit EF is genius. Super cute, well done!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Really love your creative scarf frame! A fun winter design! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Inspired By!

KimCreate said...

Very creative card. So glad you joined us this wee!

Loll said...

Awesome CAS design Bobby. I love your interpretation of the inspiration photo! We all have days (and weeks sometimes) where things just don't go our way. I bet you'll come up with some amazing designs using partials of your hard work. xx

Anita in France said...

Scrumptious, Bobby ... the texture on the striped scarves if brilliant! Hope your day got better ... and you got everything done so you can play! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, what a CUTE idea!! This is delightful and cozy too!

cm said...

I needed all three of those lovely scarves to wear at the bike races last weekend; -15C and snow! Love the colours...and the cup of coffee is a perfect pairing for a card infused with warmth! Sorry to hear about your crafting woes; more of the same happening here. Frustrating...and my DT assignments are nowhere near done! EEK!
Hugs~c